As Google is changing it is important to stay up to date with the ever changing world of local online marketing and the key factors that place you on the first page. Google places listings and optimization is getting tricky and harder to navigat, here are 5 tips to rank higher in Googles places listings.
1. Focus on building more local links that mention your companies business name, address, phone number and URL. These constitute links that have a local search focus, or can possibly be guest posts in other local search sites, youtube, videos and tweets. Your goal should be to get these links fromother local sites such as local bloggers, businesses, directories or your local Chamber of Commerece.
2. Make sure your place URL matches your website URL exactily.
3. Check the accuracey of your existing citations. It is important to make sure your Google places listing and your website have the correct Name, Address and phone number and that they both matach exactly.
4. Perform updates on your Google Places page. Editing the main areas of your Google Places page can often jump-start the integration process. Edit areas such as the description page versus adding videos and images.
5. Just because directories don’t rank anymore doesn’t make them less useful. Since the new integrated results depend on strong organic and local search optimization, getting links from respected local, niche, or industry specific directories is still important. Just take any claims that being included in such as directory will propel you to the top with a grain of salt, as all it takes is a basic listing (often free) to deliver the desired results.
It is very important to keep up to date on Googles changes and proposed changes so you can keep your website high in the rankings. If you have any questons plese give us a call at (503) 737-9363 or contact us by email.